Your Privacy Rights
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the information that Michaels Stores, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and service partners including Aaron Brothers, Inc., Artistree, Inc., Hancock Fabrics, and www.framerspointe.com (collectively, “Michaels”) collects about you; how we use and protect this information; and the choices you can make about how we use this information.
Information Covered by This Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected about you by Michaels. Personal information is information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. Some Michaels.com pages may contain links to non-Michaels sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources. We collect personal information about our users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. Third party service providers may also collect personal information this way.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to register with our site, participate in our offers and programs, purchase products from our site, call Customer Care, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address.
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Date of birth.
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- Michaels emails you open and/or forward.
- Michaels offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined, which helps us tailor our communications to you and maximize your customer experience with Michaels.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they “do not track” the user. At this time, we do not change our practices in response to Do Not Track browser settings. For information about do not track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by Michaels, and to manage our sites and services. The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send offers and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services that we have offered to you.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Michaels products and services.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage or protect our business.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Electronic and Mobile Communications. We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you provide us with your contact information and opt in to receive the messages. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Michaels by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Postal Mail. We may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following those instructions.
Access. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide us by navigating to [my account on framerspointe.com] and logging in with your username and password.
How to Opt-In and Opt-Out of Communications
Our site provides you the opportunity to opt-in and to opt-out of receiving communications from Michaels. To have your information removed from the Framers Pointe database, please contact us with your request online, by email or by phone as follows:
By email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email address of record with a subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.
Click “Unsubscribe.” Each email we send you contains an “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Open your email, click “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and follow the instructions on the screen to change your communication preferences.
By phone. Call 1-877-372-6370 and ask to be removed from future mailings.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
Tracking Tools: Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
We may use tracking tools to serve you with interest-based advertising and to better understand your behaviors and browsing activities. We might permit third parties to gather information through our websites, including for behavioral advertising purposes. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising by going to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Information Sharing, Service Partners and Affiliates
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
In addition we may also rely on a service provider to:
- Combine personal information about you that Michaels has collected with personal information about you that our business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not have direct access to any information we share about you with the service provider, and only the service provider will be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. . If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or by logging in to your account on Michaels.com and changing your communication settings.
- Perform other services that we request. We provide these companies with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect this personal information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information
- If Michaels, a Michaels entity or business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend the rights and property of our customers, the public, or Michaels (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions); and
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulatory requirements, or requests from public authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Michaels sites or services.
User Generated Content
We use technical, administrative, and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal and other information from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective though, so we do not guarantee that your personal and other information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at 1-877-372-6370.
Please note that email may not be encrypted and cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. Michaels will never ask you to submit your credit card information via email.
Children's Online Privacy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 online.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Michaels directly.
- Contact Us by Mail:
- Framers Pointe
- Attn: Customer Care
- 8000 Bent Branch Dr.
- Irving, TX 75063
- Contact Us by Phone:
- Monday – Friday: 8 AM to 7 PM CST
- Saturday: 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and update the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. The changes will take effect as soon as posted. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
State and Country Specific Information
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as Senate Bill 27, if you are a California resident and Michaels has an established business relationship with you, you have the right to request information from Michaels, free of charge, regarding the manner in which Michaels shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties (whether collected online or offline), for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Michaels at its designated address and receive the following information: 1. The categories of information Michaels disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; 2. The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and 3. If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed, subject to certain exceptions. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually.
For purposes of this paragraph, “Michaels” means Michaels stores and the site. “Third Party” means a business that is outside the Michaels family, and affiliates of Michaels Stores, Inc. You will notice that the “Third Parties” listed in this notice are Michaels affiliates. These affiliates are listed as “Third Parties” because, under Senate Bill 27, any business that is a separate legal entity must be listed as a “Third Party.”
Our Michaels affiliates who may have received your information are as follows:
- Aaron Brothers, Inc
- 8001 Ridgepoint Drive
- Irving, TX 75063
- Artistree, Inc.
- 2475 Esters Blvd, Suite 100
- DFW Airport, TX 75261
- Hancock Fabrics
- 8000 Bent Branch Drive
- Irving, TX 75063
- Framers Pointe
- 8000 Bent Branch Drive
- Irving, TX 75063
This same California law permits Michaels to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. Michaels designated email address for such requests is CAPrivacyRights@Michaels.Com. You may also request this information by writing to: Legal Department, Michaels Stores, Inc., 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, Texas 75063. Additionally, you may request that Michaels not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use by following the How to Opt-In and Opt-Out procedures outlined above.
Vermont law places additional limits on sharing information about Vermont residents. As long as a user remains a resident of Vermont, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents to companies outside of Michaels or to Michaels affiliates, except:
- To companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf;
- Contact information (like name and address), and transaction information (such as your payment history), with companies we have Joint Marketing Agreements with;
- With the authorization or consent of the Vermont resident; or
- As permitted or required by law.
Consumers With Disabilities
We are committed to world-class service for all of our guests. In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act As Amended and other state, local and provincial laws, we provide effective communication with our hearing-impaired customers and assistance for customers with any special need. Please let us know how we can accommodate you!
MOBILE TEXT TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions are specific to Michaels mobile/SMS/MMS message communications.
The Michaels Alerts text message program (the “Program”) offers Michaels customers alerts, coupons, and news about events, products and promotions via SMS/MMS messages. Participation in the Program requires that you have a mobile device that is capable of sending and receiving text messages. By opting in to the Program, you agree to receive up to 8 automated messages per month from Michaels Alerts with alerts, coupons, and news about events, products and promotions. Message and Data Rates may apply. Consent is not required as a condition of purchasing anything from Michaels. Not all carriers covered (see below for supported carriers).
Verification of Program enrollment is done by a double opt-in process which requires you to reply to a one time automated text message to confirm that you would like to participate in the Program.
For Michaels Customer Service call 1-800-642-4235. You can contact us at email@example.com, or at any time from your mobile phone, text "HELP" to: 273283. We can answer any questions you have about the Program .
To Stop Receiving Program Messages
To stop the messages coming to your phone, you can opt out of the Program via SMS. Just text the word "STOP" to: 273283. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will receive no future Program messages unless you expressly opt back in to receive Program messages. Or call Michaels Customer Service call 1-800-642-4235.
AT&T, Boost*, Cellcom*, Cellular South*, Cincinnati Bell*, Cricket, Get Lisa*, Interop*, Metro PCS*, nTelos*, Sprint, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin*. If your mobile operator is not participating, you will not receive a reply to your messages. Some operators may not support some services at the prices offered. Pre-paid users may not be able to participate - Check with your mobile operator. *carriers do not support MMS alerts, only SMS.
Telus, Rogers, Bell Mobility, Sasktel, Fido (Microcell), MTS Telebec, NorthernTel, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, WIND, Mobilicity, Eastlink Wireless
This site is owned and operated by Michaels Stores, Inc. located at 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, Texas 75063.
Last Updated: August 22, 2017